Wednesday, October 7, 2009

College Tour at Stanford

Happy October Everyone! This is my favorite month! I haven't updated in so long that I will split my post in to two pieces.

So - this past Sunday Mary, Jason, and I took Sunday afternoon to go explore the other side of the bay. I love visiting college campuses so I made Jason and Mary go on the campus tour of Stanford with me. We didn't only get to learn about Freshman classes -- we also got to see the beautiful beautiful campus. We had a cute Beverly Hills tour guide who carried around a skateboard. We decided not to go up the Hoover tower but we did learn that he was an engineer and the first student at Stanford...ever. Here is a picture of me before we entered their Quad. Unfortunately, their quad isn't as awesome as Illinois's quad which actually has grass in it -- but they do have a cool church bordering theirs.

Before leaving the town of Palo Alto, where Standford is located, we decided to visit a bar we read about called the Nut House. At the Nut house they give you peanuts and you get to throw the shells on the floor. The peanuts are not just available on the table. You have to reach inside the gorillas cage and take his peanuts. Here is a picture of him and his box of nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment