Thursday, June 10, 2010

Town of Plock and MORE food

SOO once again this post will feature more excellent Polish food! But first -- a little about the town. Below is a picture of the fabulous 4K walking path along the river behind my hotel - Hotel Tumski. This morning I ate my breakfast on the terrace of our hotel overlooking these views.


Now a picture of a walk after dinner in the town square! Below you see a picture of the city centre square and the capitol building. The picture was taken with my phone and the sky color during dusk was crazy!


I got home from work today and was craving more authentic Polish food. Before I came to Poland the only real Polish words I knew were Pierogi and Golabki (stuffed cabbage). So since I have already had some Pierogis, I had to try the Golabki:


Here there is a tomato sauce on top of the cabbage rolls and potatoes. These were quite delicious, but they still come in a close second to Grandma Wojtowicz's Golabki. I also have a passion for potato pancakes (I'm obsessed I know...) and my friend from UOP, Liz, happened to order them:

As you may have guessed..I tried some of the Potato Pancakes...

Although from here on out I will be working 6 days a week, we are hoping to do some travel to a close Polish town this Sunday -- we still have to choose!

3 comments:

  1. make sure you check the phone book for Wojtowicz, hoaw many? Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm potato pancakes aka latkes!! :)

    ReplyDelete