Last week friends from UOP came to visit us! They are Development Engineers but I like to call them Pre-Roadies. They are currently training for the road life that I am currently living. They made plans to come visit Liz (fellow UOP) here in Plock, long before they knew I would be here too! We wanted them to have the full Plock experience so first Liz took them to our favorite brewery - Browar Tumski. We then made them go to the cathedral and the Plock Zoo:
![]() |
| Kathy and Ellen :) |
The zoo is actually fairly decent. I would say it is comparable to Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. It only cost us less than $2 to get into this zoo. Below is a picture of us making them eat at our favorite Italian restaurant. This lunch was also Liz's going away party before she left Plock the next day:
![]() |
| Crew at Arturos |
After we wished Liz goodbye, we headed to WARSAW! I have been here for 3 months, but it was my first time actually seeing the sites in the capital city. We started our adventure by going to Old Town (Stare Miastro). Warsaw...especially Old Town was completely destroyed during WWII. The Old Town was then completely rebuilt based on a painting. It is absolutely beautiful again.
![]() |
| Warsaw Old Town |
We visited the Royal Castle and walked up and down the streets. We then ventured to a Palace on the other side of town. It was a bright yellow Palace and less impressive inside. There were supposed to be beautiful gardens all around the grounds of the palace...but unfortunately everything was under construction. We entered the gardens to find big piles of dirt between the Bright Yellow Palace and a quaint little lake.
![]() |
| In front of the Yellow Palace |





No comments:
Post a Comment