For the past couple days, myself and the chief, Ralph, have been assigned to the night shift. We shortened our shifts to 10 hours and worked from 8pm to 6am. Surprisingly the shifts went faster than expected and I was definitely able to learn as much as I can.
Some of the key life lessons that I learned during my night shift were 1. How to drive through the dark californian mountains 2. How to use the port-o-potties at 3am completely in the dark without dropping my safety glasses in the toilet.
The picture on theleft is a picture of the sunset from the parking lot of the refinery. If you look past the power lines you can see the bay and mountains in the distance. Luckily those three nights were the only "official" night shifts that I will have to work during my califonia assignment :)
Snow cone time
10 years ago


SO pretty! that drive must have felt pretty eerie
ReplyDeleteYes going home is really creepy and I am a big wimp..:(
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you'll have time to actually see some of the places you're working at. Beth sent me the link to your blog, and I'm looking forward to following you. Don't forget about our Rummikub date.
ReplyDelete