Friday, July 30, 2010

A "Rainy" Week in Płock

Since last Saturday, the rain here has been non-stop. Whenever we thought we had a break in the weather to load adsorbent, it started to drizzle. The customer finally decided to use their time wisely to work on a different task. The new task, digging a ditch and installing pipe in front of the chambers, could not be done simultaneously with adsorbent loading. Fortunately, the ditch digging could be done in the rain and they did not need the UOP advisor's help!

Ironically, here is what the weather looked like two hours after I was given vacation for the day and the rest of the weekend:


As you can see, I took advantage of the beautiful afternoon and the sun! I found a new favorite park, adjacent to the castle and the cathedral. Here are a few pictures from my adventure.


Cathedral picture from the park


 Carving at one of the Cathedral entrances


View of the castle


 Some mushrooms in the park

This morning it began to rain again - so hopefully the customer is still happy with their decision! Our crew has decided to take advantage of our rare weekend off to travel to Berlin! This time I have fully charged my camera and will bring a plug converter! I hope to bring you many wonderful pictures from my point and shoot camera :). 

As a treat, here is a sunset picture I shot coming back to Tumski from dinner:



1 comment: